18 February 2007

On a jet plane . . .


'Cept I know when I'll be back again: February 24th, just in time for an audition at ye olde Manhattan Theatre Source for "A Lie of the Mind." The reason I'm unexpectedly out for a week (in California, no less) is that an oft director and always good friend's, David Zarko's, mother has passed away. I believe she's the last family David has, and they were very close. Somehow, somehow beyond my certainty, I am the one of David's eastern network to be there. I love David. I'm happy to be there. I feel like perhaps I'll be on the same path as him some day, and if so, I hope some actor I've worked with many times joins me in saying goodbye to my parents.

It's hard. It's good. I'm glad we can be family to one another.

2 comments:

Patrick said...

I'm glad you're able to be there for him, Pal. I'm sure David is grateful for your love and support. Times like these, this is what family is all about. Give him my condolences...

Jeff said...

Will do, Patrick, and thank you.